Friday 30 July 2010

Say cheese!!

Before Mr Lobster got down on one knee in the sand, I knew we'd have a cake of cheese instead of the 'traditional' wedding cake


And we did! After a couple of cheese tasting sessions (yum), we decided on our cheeses, there was a heart-stopping moment when one cheese got lost in transit, but luckily my eagle-eyed sister spotted the delivery guy on the 2nd attempt! (he got the wrong house completely first time?!?!?)


So here is a picture of our lovely cake, we decided against decoration and to just let it speak for itself, it was served with some crusty bread and a selection of crackers. We cut it using a lovely cake knife that belonged to his parents and everytime I see it in the drawer (the knife not the cheese, that would be seriously pongy by now) it makes me smile


So the cheeses, all english apart from a little spanish cheese sitting on top


From the bottom: Gorwydd Caerphilly, Kings Favourite, and Barkham Blue, then the cheese on the side is a Cornish Yarg (imported from Cornwall via rubbish couriers)


2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a cheese cake, instead of a wedding cake but what a fab idea!. You've got me thinking about family anninversary do's! I especially like the idea of tasting loads of unusual cheeses first. Definitely something to look at doing in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm having a cheese cake too. Yours is lovely. Although I don't think mine will be quite as impressive! xx

    ReplyDelete